Meraki Beauty Bar is fully licensed and insured. This includes Permanent Cosmetics Technician license, Eyelash Extensions license, Nail Technician license, Tattoo Removal license, Burnaby Health Inspection license, and the City of Burnaby Business license. All licenses are passed.
The highest level of sanitation standards must be used when it comes to permanent cosmetics, eyelash extensions, and nails. This is important especially when open skin is involved for permanent cosmetics.
● Cavicide and PreEmpt CS20 are used to disinfect working area, procedure chair, and counter tops.
● All tools, needles, utensils are all brand new and disposed of after each client.
● Each disposable needle is opened in front of you.
● A paper bed lining is used and disposed of after each client
● Exfoliate and make sure lips are NOT DRY!
● The lips cannot be worked on if they are dry and have any sort of flaking. The tattoo procedure will further dry the skin out. The needle will snag dry skin which causes sensitivity and bleeding. Bleeding will push pigment out and not allow it to settle. This will negatively impact healed results.
● If you have a history of cold sores, you will need to take preventative anti-viral treatment before the procedure.
● No drinking alcohol the day before and the day of appointment as this increases bleeding.
● No drinking caffeine on the day of the appointment as this increases bleeding.
● You are able to take Tylenol 30 minutes prior to procedure to lessen the pain. DO NOT take any other pain medications such as Advil, Moltrin, Aleve etc. This will cause your blood to thin and as a result bleed excessively.
● Due to new COVID policies we are unable to provide blankets to the appointment, we suggest bringing a blanket and some ear phones to make your appointment comfortable.
● We will not work on anyone who has significant colour still left on their lips from another artist. If a client comes to an appointment with significant colour on their lips without approval the appointment is cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
More detailed instructions are provided upon booking in the confirmation email.
Consultation is preferably the same day as procedure. 30 minute consultation, 30-40 minutes of lip mapping and 1 to 2 hours of the actual procedure. For a total of 2-4 hours for the entire appointment depending on your desired shape and thickness.
A section in our consent form covers photo consent used for social media and training purposes. If you wish to not have your face on any of these platforms it is encouraged to not sign that section of the consent form. The photo your artist takes before the procedure will always be taken and strictly used for reference and will not be used for social media and training purposes if this section of the consent form is not signed.